Updated: Aug 16
Being the best version of you means different things to different people. Some are happy with modest necessities. For others, they want something more. There is no preferred one over the other, no right or wrong view, as it depends upon the individual’s viewpoint. So, no matter what category you fall into, you can use these tips to become the best version of yourself.
1. Know and Understand Your Purpose
Ask yourself questions to determine your true purpose. For example, do you want to be the best employee? Or do you want to be a triathlete? Writing down your purpose gives you a reference to keep you on track.
"The unlimited possibilities of our future is predicated upon our ability to now envision what they should be and the actions therefore intentionally executed upon to bring them into fruition." - Unknown/Jo Mayo
2. Visualize Your Future Self
Once you know your purpose, visualize how a life like that would look. If you want to be the an entrepreneur, think about what that looks like to you. If you want to climb the corporate ladder, envision the version of yourself doing that. Think of visualizing as structured daydreaming.
3. Let Go of Fear
Even if something doesn’t work out the way you expected it embrace the fact that failure is not final. Consider failures as learning opportunities to help you become the best version of yourself. Use your fear to motivate you to push onward toward success.
4. Put a Stop to Negative Talk
The moment you commit to becoming a better you, your mind finds ways to talk you out of it. You will need to work on techniques and habits to reign in those thoughts that will hold you back. It's time to silence the inner critic.
5. Show Up and Do the Work
Take action! Putting effort into visualizing goals does nothing for you if you fail to put forth the effort. Nothing just happens. Be intentional! Put your words into action by taking the first step.
6. Let Go of Others’ Expectations for You
Becoming the best version of yourself is personal. Only you determine what that looks like and how to get there. Now is the time to ignore the opinion of others and embrace your new journey.
7. Develop Empowering Habits
Habits can make or break your progress. Think about who you want to be and build the habits to get you there. Start with something small, but eventually, you will want to include various habits that impact every level of your life.
8. Give Yourself a Break
Making changes to enhance your life will come with some setbacks. That's okay. When those moments appear, give yourself loads of self-love, reflect, and get back in the game.
9. Give Back to Others
Volunteering your time, knowledge, and skills helps others and reveals your best self—no matter where you are on your journey. Make volunteering a priority. You will feel fulfilled and grateful.
next step actions!!
1. Write down what your purpose is by asking yourself what you value. It may help to answer questions like: What activities do you enjoy? What impact do you want to make?
2. Establish the next steps. Once you understand your purpose, what do you need to do next? And after that? As you take the next step, you will build momentum.
3. Choose one habit you can implement now that will push you to become the best version of yourself. Practice it for a couple of weeks, and then add a new habit.
4. Partner with an accountability partner like a coach to ensure you remain commitment to becoming the highest and best version of yourself!