top of page

How Passion for What You Do Helps You Get Ahead

Updated: Jun 4, 2022

“There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” - Nelson Mandela

A recent study discovered 88% of people are unhappy in their job. The other 12% experience joy and passion for what they do.

Are you in this 12%?

If not, you’re not alone. Sadly, a lack of passion does more than make the day drag. Let’s face it. When you’re not enthusiastic about what you do, you’re simply not going to be as productive or even as successful at what you do compared to the individual who gets excited about their job or business. Don’t believe it?

Consider these ideas on how passion at work will help you get ahead.

Passionate People Focus

When you’re passionate, you’re just more relaxed overall. Why would you be stressing about doing something you love? Instead, you’re more likely to feel the satisfaction of doing what you love as you get stuff done.

Passionate People are Creative

When you love what you do, you can’t wait to learn more about it. This interest in your work makes you more knowledgeable and more likely to notice things. This leads to more creativity in the course of your day.

Passionate People Get More Done

Passion is what wakes up a competitive spirit. You can’t wait to get things done just to see what comes next. All these things mean you’re putting out more work, and are much more likely to finish tasks over someone who isn’t passionate.

Passionate People Do Better

When you’re passionate, you’re going to be more interested in the details and will push more to ‘get it right’ just because you can. Being passionate means you’re doing a better quality of work, which is, in turn, noticed by those around you. Hey, think about it. When promotion time comes, whom would you rather move up, someone who hates their job and drags through the day or someone enthusiastic, quick to action, and gets the work done?

Passionate People Have Fun

Work doesn’t have to be drudgery. When you’re passionate, you’re interested in what you do. This interest makes the day just go faster.

Passionate People Hate to Go Home at the End of the Day

This one should sort of speak for itself. When you find yourself wanting to stay and keep going with what you’re doing, you’re definitely in the right place doing the right thing.

Noticeably, being passionate about what you do can undoubtedly help you get ahead, as it serves as an action catalyst towards accomplishments and achievements.

Are you seeking to explore an upward mobility position or career that aligns with your aspirations? Thinking about starting a business that not only allows you to flow in your passion but is equally purposeful and fulfilling?

Talk with you soon!!

- Coach Jo

5 views0 comments


bottom of page